Bugs, like cheats,
are very version dependent. In the rush to release Frontier, early versions
were riddled with bugs. (The version available
here is mostly bug free.) Along with the effects of the bug is the
implementation that features the bug. Only the more annoying bugs are
included here because there are so damn many and most are very minor,
like parts of ships disappearing all the time (!!). Any additions or
corrections are welcomed.
Back to Main Page
- Atari ST: Selecting Economic details
in unexplored systems sometimes crashes Frontier.
- Atari ST: Using a hyperdrive cloud
analyzer on your own arrival cloud crashes the game.
- Old versions: Hyperspacing while
traffic control is warning you to leave gets you a fine at the
- All versions: Over refilling the
internal tank while using an auto-refueller can empty the
- Old PC versions: Leaving a system with
an MB4 left there will crash the game.
- All versions: If you buy a new ship
and immediately get a new hyperdrive for it all the thrusters are
reported to be damaged. Refueling repairs this problem.
- All versions: Jumping to the
Beta-Lyrae [-146,85] system crashes the game.
- ST and Amiga: Trying to rough land on a
planet with a big ship + escape capsule triggers the escape
- All versions: Firing a laser from
some gun mountings on some ships will cause the whole screen to
become filled by the laser.